Saturday, January 14, 2012

Reflections


As we were driving home from the funeral, Eti and I were reflecting on our family.  We commented on how good it was to see everyone.  We were also discussing the importance of funerals and the reflections that they bring about.  He allowed me to tell the numerous stories of my childhood that were brought to my memory.  We laughed.

I will be forever grateful to those relatives who showed such warmth and affection to Eti.  He is easy to love and is such a good man.  He has great insight and while we were talking, we started discussing the funeral services.  They were so beautiful.  The tributes were perfect the musical numbers were beautiful.  I’m sure that Aunt Dawn was pleased with all of it. 

After the funeral, as were going to the cemetery, Beverly and Dean pointed out the graves of my other Aunts and Uncles that are buried there.  Again a flood of memories came back to me and I realized the older I get the more I realize how valuable those family memories are.  The dedication of the grave was wonderful, and I am so grateful to those who conducted all of the events, chose the speakers, musical numbers and prayers.  I was so impressed by the humility and dignity of those that handled everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment