Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Children

South Rim Grand Canyon - 1989




Searching for Gold

Look beneath the freckles
Look beneath the grin
Look for that which sparkles
Buried deep within.

Look beyond the whining
Look beyond the tears
Look beyond the runny nose
The frowns, the mess, the fears.

Search for that which glitters
Treasures to unfold
Search beneath the surface
Search and find the gold!


by Jean Warren



Mesa Verde - Summer 1989



Tabernacle Salt Lake City - 1989




May 2011 - Zeze's Birthday Party

As I've watched my children grow, I never thought the day would come when they would all grow up and move out of our house.  It has been so much harder than I ever thought it would be.  

I can't begin to describe the joy and happiness my children have brought me.  They have made me laugh and cry.   They have brought out every emotion imaginable, but most of all they have brought me love.  Watching them grow up has been worth every minute of work and tiredness.  I have watched as they have had their triumphs and their defeats, their accomplishment and their dreams.  I have sat at the kitchen table with each one of them and listened to their stories and laughed at their antics. 

I appreciate the fact that they have been willing to share their lives with me.  I have also appreciated that they have trusted me and valued my opinion.  I'm grateful for the choices they have made and are continuing to make.  I know that they will be able to handle whatever ups and downs come their way. 

I have truly found gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment