Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rainy - Soupy Day


Susi & David in the rain in Hawaii about 1986.

I woke up this morning to a rain storm.  What a beautiful thing.  When you live in the desert you realize more the value of water.  Although I have always liked a cloudy day where I can snuggle down and read a book.  Today was no different.  Everyone has been gone, and so I decided to make a stew.  I floured up the stew meant and fried it in a little oil with onions.  Then I added carrots and cabbage.  In my crockpot, I added tomato sauce, water, green beans and some spices.    I thought about adding a potato, but didn’t want to peel it, (I know – lazy, lazy) so I added ramen noodles and the sauce package.  It’s now cooking, and as I tasted it, I kind of surprised myself.  It was pretty good and with the noodles my family will love it.  We lived on those noodles in Hawaii. 

Just a side note, the wind is blowing so hard, I wish it would blow off my yucky old shake shingles so my insurance would pay for a new roof.  Sigh……

No comments:

Post a Comment