Thursday, January 12, 2012

Family




I’m certainly feeling a little sentimental today.  I was thinking about the meaning of family, so I looked it up in the dictionary.   There were several definitions, but the one I liked best is this: all those persons considered as descendants of a common progenitor.   When I think of that definition, and if I count my blessings by the number of “family” I have, I am truly blessed, almost too many to count! 
I’m grateful for that old pioneer stock that believed in large families, (that and the lack of birth control).  I look at both sides of my family and am completely amazed at their work ethic and determination.  They have left me such a legacy that I can’t even begin to describe it.  I’m hoping as I blog that some of those memories will come back to me and I can write a few of them down.   What I hope to do, is leave my children and grandchildren the same kind of legacy that was left me,  one of love, discipline, work and companionship.

No comments:

Post a Comment