Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Student Athletes



I’m sitting here listening to the DHHS vs PV basketball game and thinking about the players that I have in class.  I don’t know when I have worked with a finer group of young men.  There is so much to say about the youth of today, good and bad, but these are definitely some of the best.  These are young men who I would say are overall GREAT.  They are respectful, courteous, kind and smart.  They are hard workers, whether it is on the court or in the classroom. 

Each year that I have taught, I have been privileged to work with fine young people.  I have loved my job and the opportunity I have had to get to know such fine students.    Each year I learn something from my classes and this year is no different.  These young men have proven to me once again, that our future is bright.  They will be leaders in their communities.  They will be leaders in their professions, and they will be leaders in their homes and churches.  I’m sure that I have gained more from them than what I have given them.  I only hope that something I have said or done this year will be of benefit to them.  They have a bright future ahead of them.  I know with the work ethic they have, and the integrity they posses, they will be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment