Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Women

Women of God can never be like women of the world.

The world has enough women who are tough;

We need women who are tender.

There are enough women who are coarse,

We need women who are kind.

There are enough women who are rude,

We need women who are refined.

We have enough women of fame and fortune,

We need more women of faith.

We have enough greed,

We need more goodness.

We have enough vanity,

We need more virture.

We have enough popularity,

We need more purity.

                Margaret Dyreng Nadauld

 

Emilee and Susi
 Just two of the beautiful women in my life!

I found this quote while preparing a lesson the other day.  I thought that in this day and age it was truly pertinent.  Many women instead of progressing seem to be digressing.  Many movies and tv protray women as objects instead of equals.  Either the women are too powerful and know it all and condescending or they are stupid and flighty.  Where are our women of virtue and goodness?  The true woman encompasses all the good and virtuous qualities and is offended by how the "fairer" sex is represented. 

So as women, I hope that we strive for the better things in life that will build and uplift our society and make us women of faith and purity.  I personally don't care for how we are portrayed by the media and what the media tells us we should be.  I have my own ideas and expectations, I don't need someone else telling me how to I need to look and act.  I would hope that all women understand this.

1 comment:

  1. Very well said! I love the poem, so timely. It's time we all stopped listening to what the world tells us women ought to be. It can be quite a siren song. Love you!

    ReplyDelete