Friday, May 18, 2012

States




As I lay in bed last night and thought about my day yesterday.  I’ve decided I have a sickness.  I must be OCD – obsessive, compulsive, disorder.  I was looking on Pinterest and came across a couple of vintage posters for different states.  I then couldn’t help myself, but I started creating boards for every state and looking for different items for each state.  Such as: maps, vintage postcards, flags and of course, places of interest.  I have now worked my way across the country and I’m finishing up on the east coast.  It has also helped satisfy my need to collect things.  I have little collections here and there that collect dust.  I have my salt and pepper shakers from all over.  I have my Christmas bells that I get out once in a while and of course I have my regular junk that I’m sure I’m going to need some day!

I’ve decided as I’ve been doing this that it has a positive side.  I’ve had mulling around in my mind for years all kinds of ideas about books, traveling etc.  What this has done has allowed me to organize my mind and put some kind of order in it.  I’ve also done a board on People of the World.  I became fascinated about this thinking that we’re all God’s children and I wanted to see the differences and of course, recognize the similarities.  This board has given me a greater insight to the world.

So if you look at my Pinterest you’ll at least know it has a purpose, a purpose for me, and there are some interesting pictures there.  I might try to find the vintage posters made, I’m guessing in the ‘40’s, of the girls in the skimpy suits advertising their state.  (another collection)

No comments:

Post a Comment